A good article was posted on Business2Community.com listing 8 ways to succeed with WordPress in 2013. According to the post the tips include:
- Have an attention grabbing landing page
- Emphasizing titles and descriptions
- Keeping your sidebar clean and simple
- Only using necessary plugins
- Using your images to attract attention and draw in visitors
- Make your permalinks readable and attractive
- Making use of your footer
- Keeping up to date with WordPress releases
For more details about these tips and to read the entire article, click here.
These are also considered best practices when designing a new website and/or something you should take a look at if you already have a website in place.