Daniel L. Rositano
5436 Chardonnay Way Ct.
Oakville, MO 63129
16 years experience developing, managing and publishing online media assets with success in the development and growth of internet strategies and creation of non-traditional revenue utilizing internet resources and new media trends.
Italian Instructor–Volunteer @St. Margaret Mary Alacoque School, St. Louis, MO
- Provide Italian instruction to students in grades 1 through 8th grade.
- Develop a curriculum for each grade level.
- Planned and prepared lessons, assignments, and instructional materials.
- Selected and use appropriate language acquisition strategies including, but not limited to cooperative learning, language experience, and multi-media teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
- Evaluates student progress using appropriate assessment techniques.
WordPress Seminar Instructor @ The Hive 44, St. Louis, MO
- Walk participants through purchasing a domain, setting up web hosting accounts, WordPress installation and CMS training.
- Instruct participants on the use of Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, digital reputation management and online directory listings.
- Teach participants keywords search techniques and how to use online tools to acquire a domain name.
- Demonstrate the importance of writing pages and posts using keywords to increase search relevancy.
- Students leave seminar with a fully functional website.
Part-Time Instructor @ The BroadcastCenter – BryanUniversity, St. Louis, MO
- Teach the fundamental technical and aesthetic skills required for web site design.
- Instruction for the creation of digital images and build standards for websites using HTML/CSS hand-coding, web editing and CMS programs.
- Preparation of hands-on projects that focus on essential skills and provide experience in web design project scenarios.
- Assign work to include layout and typography, home page and navigation design, graphic design, competitive analysis, and portfolio site design.
- Upon completion of course, students receive a Certificate of completion.
President/CEO @ The Rositano Group, St. Louis, MO
- Designed and developed internet based solutions including design and hosting solutions for clients.
- Oversee technical implementation and execution of strategic plans.
- Set up system security management and technical support.
- Provide support for ongoing and recurring IT and web operations.
- Researched and provide information on technical trends.
- Consult with program/project management to develop appropriate technical and web based solutions.
- Advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Consult with clients to define requirements and recommend solutions.
- Notable Clients:
- Central Institute for the Deaf
- Hill 2000, Inc.
- DiGregorio Foods
- Mike Martin Media
Digital Sales Manager @ CBS Radio, St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
January, 2011 – September, 2011
- Developed CBS St. Louis digital sales strategy for achieving revenue goals.
- Worked with sales team to develop internet sales ideas and strategies with target and key CBS Radio accounts.
- Coordinated sales efforts with large radio clients currently participating in internet advertising.
- Developed new internet revenue streams for the CBS St. Louis radio cluster specifically tailored to each station format.
- Projected accurate internet revenue forecasts each month in tandem with the Director of Sales for each individual CBS Radio station in St. Louis market.
- Set clear standards of performance for the sales team for each individual station.
- Developed and Executed on going digital marketing training with cluster managers and staff.
- Interacted with major decision makers at various local businesses and agencies.
- The developed and maintained research materials, case studies, sales tools and sales presentations for each station’s website.
- Maintained website inventory management and pricing for each stations website.
- Ensured the stations digital growth outpaced the market growth to increase each stations digital market revenue share.
- Developed strategy and achieved revenue goals for interactive partnerships.
- Served as the cluster liaison to Corporate CBS Digital, the internet arm of the CBS Corporation.
President & Publisher @ St. Louis Globe-Democrat, LLC (Globe-Democrat.com), St. Louis, MO
- Responsible for the overall direction of St. Louis Globe-Democrat, LLC and management team for Globe-Democrat.com and its related online and mobile sites.
- Developed Globe-Democrat.com online and business strategies including development of globe-democrat.com, online applications and digital outbound communications to minimize expenses and maximize ROI.
- Applied knowledge of usability and digital user interface guidelines and best practices.
- Articulated the values and vision for the organization and was responsible for developing and keeping current the company’s strategic plan.
- Constantly monitored and evaluated company operations and made adjustments to meet changing circumstances.
- Worked with clients with overall responsibility for business development while actively identifying and pursuing new and innovative business strategies with the goal of growing company revenue.
- Responsible for all digital and mobile marketing and communications and analysis of site analytics and user behavior to maximize ROI for all elements of globe-democrat.com.
- Worked with outside legal counsel when appropriate.
- Developed and implemented the company’s annual operating and capital budgets.
- Responsible for hiring the permanent professional staff and hired, trained and evaluated managers and was responsible for ensuring managers properly hire, train and evaluate subordinate staff.
- Responsible for managing the company’s P&L statement and budget in accordance with accepted standards and company initiatives.
- Responsible for maintaining positive relations between St. Louis Globe-Democrat, LLC and the St Louis community.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with the professional media.
- Responsible for the purchase, maintenance and proper use of all company equipment as well as maintenance of facilities.
Director, Information Systems @ KPLR-TV (Tribune Broadcasting), St. Louis, MO
- Managed the overall quality, scalability, cost, consistency, integration and timeliness of the company’s technology infrastructure and web based initiatives to meet the company’s evolving needs and to ensure continued growth of the business of a 10 station broadcast group
- Designed the global IT architectural standards including servers, networks, application integration, security, communications, messaging and managed web hosting to meet the reliability and growth requirements of KPLR-TV and parent companies.
- Establishes IT/Web policies, procedures, practices and security measures including VPN and Firewall management to protect informational assets.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of website content including idea development, marketing, sales, and promotional strategy through website design.
- Evaluated, selected and negotiated with vendors in conjunction with the purchasing function for the procurement of all hardware, software, communication, and services purchased within IT/Web guidelines.
- Supervised Information Technology and Web development representatives and managed outside computer consultants to ensure the delivery of work as promised, on time, in a quality, cost-efficient manner.
- Facilitated the relocation of KPLR-TV Network Operation Center in conjunction with our move to a new $4+ million broadcast facility minimizing messaging, data, and newsroom disruptions while providing the essential needs of the organization.
Systems Administrator @ National Broadcasting Co. (WCMH-TV), Columbus, OH
- Managed overall administration of IT & web functions including systems and programming procedures, computer equipment operations and web based communications.
- Supported mainframe computer systems in a critical networking environment.
- Provided strategic direction and support for local affiliate content related to MSNBC local web operations.
- Advised and coordinated the purchase of new equipment, and supplies.
- Managed email system and accounts in Microsoft Mail and Exchange environments.
- Implemented and maintained Columbus MSNBC and NBC-IN Internet based activities.
- Trained and educated end users in the use of various NBC and Microsoft software packages.
- Served as a liaison between NBC 4 and NBC network MIS groups and MSNBC content platforms.
Washington University St. Louis, MO
- Postgraduate work towards Masters of Business Administration
Ohio University Athens, OH
- Bachelor of Business Administration-Management Information Systems
- Board of Director, Heat Up St. Louis
- Ex-Officio, Hill 2000, Inc.
- Former Board of Director for The Italia-America Bocce Club
- Co-Chairman St. Ambrose Church La Festa
- Delta Sigma Pi Business Fraternity
Work Portfolio: http://www.therositanogroup.com/wordpress-web-design-portfolio/